Cori Anne and I watched some great videos on PreservingMarriage.org. Our church put together this site to show our beliefs about Proposition 8. The opposition to Prop 8 use ads that show Prop 8 supporters as out of touch and not "cool". Their ads poke fun at traditional marriage and continually use the word "right" to describe same-sex marriage. They say that same sex marriage is a right and that Prop 8 is taking away that right. I disagree. What happened to give same-sex couples this "right" to begin with? At what cost was the "right" of same-sex marriage given? Four judges decided that they knew better than the majority of California voters and overturned Prop 22 which was passed in 2000. To me that seems to undermine the democratic process and our right to vote. I believe that marriage is first of all a rite. It is ordained of God and is His way of bringing people into the world. It is, as it has always been, a union of the sexes which provides the best atmosphere for raising children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment