Saturday, January 3, 2009

Donovan Signs

When Donovan was about 6 months old we started using ASL with him. Now at 8 months he's really caught on. His favorite things to sign are "food" and "milk" (apparently the kid likes to eat). He signs in his high chair, in the car seat, in his crib, basically all the time! The only thing about Donovan's sign for "food" is that instead of holding his hand to his mouth he holds it up in the air (kinda "Black Power" esque). It's pretty cute! As Amber has reminded me lately babies often have a hard time getting their hands to go where they want them to. I wanted to include some photos of Donovan signing. I just want to add, if anyone is on the fence about teaching their baby to sign I totally recommend it! It is so much fun and it is amazing how fast they can catch on.



Donovan signing during our family photo

No comments: